2019 TGOF (“THE GATHERING of OLD FAITHFULS”) REUNION
1. 2019 GATHERING DATES: Organized group activities or events will begin Tuesday, August 20th through Sunday, August 25th. However, a number of us will arrive on Saturday 8/17, Sunday 8/18 or Monday 8/19 to make arrangements and do some hiking. Anyone is welcome to arrive early and join us. The 1st evening gathering at the OF picnic grounds will be Monday 8/19. Home
2. Opening Day for making reservations for the 2019 “TGOF” Reunion is Tuesday, May 1st of 2018, starting at 8:00 AM Mountain Time. Call Xanterra at 307-344-7311 (no toll-free # anymore) or reserve online at www.xanterra.com and navigate to Yellowstone Lodging. The website has changed since 2016 TGOF so you may want to check it out before May 1st. Be prepared for “savage sticker shock” – Lodging rates have risen considerably! Deposit is one night’s stay. If you cancel at least 30-days prior to arrival you’ll receive a full refund, so if you are on the fence about attending there’s not much risk. If you cancel within 30 days of arrival, there’s a $15 fee. You lose the entire deposit if you cancel within 2 days of arrival. Rooms, especially 5 or 6 nights without having to relocate, will be extremely difficult to get in Old Faithful within just a few days after May 1st!
3. We intend to have the customary evening dinner at the OF Lodge on Thurs, 8/22, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 PM, and the “Main Event” at the Lodge Rec Hall on Friday morning 8/23 from 8:30 am - 12:30 PM (provided we are lucky enough to acquire that reservation as we have in the past). We will likely have the Snake River Float Trip again on Saturday. Evening gatherings from 7-10PM Monday thru Sunday evenings (a couple may be at the Old Faithful Inn lobby/balcony).
3. PLEASE LET US KNOW !!! - If you do make reservations, please let Deanie, Gary or me know where you are staying, the number of people, as well as your arrival and departure dates! This will help us immensely in the planning process.
4. If you wish to share a room, split expenses, let Brian know - I'll try to match you up with someone.
4. CANCELLING RESERVATIONS - If at some point you decide that you cannot attend, please let us know before you cancel. It is likely that someone would love to acquire your reservations. Reservations can be transferred to someone else but there is a specific procedure to follow. And just FYI, it can be a somewhat of a hassle... but oh, so appreciated!
5. If you are a first-time attendee please contact Brian Boroughs for information on airports, lodging, camping, activities, etc - brian @ yellowstonereunion.com OR firehole @ consolidated.net.
"Reservations can also be made via Xanterra.com. Click on Book Your Adventure at the Top and choose Yellowstone National Park"
Watch this space for updated information.
CONTACT US: brian @ yellowstonereunion.com